Elevator Gail

Elevator Gail

Monday, July 28, 2014

2014 Hunter Jumper Shows at Anaheim Equestrian Center

The 2014 show season for the Hunter Jumper show series at Anaheim Equestrian Center came to a close last weekend. When the season started, I had planned to show in the Jumper division, but things change! We ended up doing a few flat classes in the Rusty Stirrup division at the first show to fill the classes. The jumper division at this show was quite high, 2'9 was the lower class. After attempting it at the first show, I just didn't feel she or I were comfortable competing at the height. Gigi is 19 now, and on joint supplements for arthritis, so I am more comfortable jumping her under 2'6.

We continued the season competing in the Rusty Stirrup division, which is a hunter and equitation division. The fence height is just 2' without oxers. I am really pleased on how well Gigi did this year, especially in the flat classes. The first few years I showed her, the flat classes were a nightmare (no pun intended). I think moving to the Anaheim Equestrian Center did a lot of good for her flat work because it is such a busy place and when I ride. Usually there are other people or horses in and around the arena. At my last barn, I rode late at night a lot of the time, which made for many lonely rides. At AEC, Gigi has become desensitized to being in the arena with other horses, and we often ride with people and commotion along the rail.

I have gotten lots of complements lately on Gigi's movement under saddle, and I think it shows, since we have finished in the top 2 of every Hunter Under Saddle class of this show series.

Hunter Under Saddle Results
March - 2nd
May - 2nd
June -1st
July -2nd

We took home the year end championship for the division!

I always wanted one of these giant ribbons!



No comments:

Post a Comment